Furlong Court provides dedicated supported accommodation for people with multiple needs and at risk of becoming homeless.
How can Furlong Court help me?
We offer accommodation and 24-hour support from trained staff, so our customers can address any underlying issues.
A support worker works with our customers to find solutions to their problems and to help them plan for their future goals. They can also signpost to other services that will support recovery.
What is there at Furlong Court?
We can offer:
- 24-hour staffing on site
- Regular safe and well checks
- Personalised support plan
- Peer/ group support
- Breath testing to support alcohol reduction plans
- Allocated support worker providing weekly support sessions
- Recovery focussed activities such as art groups, education and training
- Communal recreational areas including gym, table tennis, pool, TV and library
- Support to set and achieve goals
- Furnished self-contained flat (TV not provided)
- Weekly activities to reduce isolation and support recovery
Is Furlong Court for me?
Furlong Court is suitable for someone, if:
- They are aged over 18
- They have a local connection in Stoke-on-Trent
- A primary support need is around substance/ alcohol misuse
- They are committed to taking positive steps to address your substance /alcohol dependency.
- They are actively working with or signed up to work with drug and alcohol services.
- There is motivation to develop a positive lifestyle
- A primary support need isn’t homelessness, mental ill-health or learning disability
- They are prepared to buy own food, toiletries and pay a service charge to cover utility bills
- They will self-care and self-medicate if needed
We ask everyone staying at Furlong Court to have committed to positive change to provide a supportive and positive environment for everyone. We will work with the person to support change.
How is Furlong Court accessed?
A self-referral can be made into Furlong Court by:
- Phoning us on 01782 271014
- Emailing us: [email protected]
- Presenting at our reception desk
'There’s help here, you just have to go out, find it and engage with it. I know, because it’s true, if I can do it anyone can'